Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

I would like to hear an explanation about DISPLAY ORDER.

LeeJaeYoung
Virtuoso

I would like to hear an explanation about DISPLAY ORDER.

1. WALL on the first basement floor
2. COLUMN on the first basement floor
3. BEAM on the ground floor
4. COLUMN on the ground floor
5. There is a WALL on the ground floor.
What are you doing?

LeeJaeYoung_0-1693582766538.png

I would appreciate it if you could give me some tips. ^^

Add 1
Are you doing all the modeling for ORDER?
Or do you do it one by one? ^^

AC27 on window 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
4dProof
Advisor

it's always been a bit of a juggling act. sometimes it gets so screwed up, you just need to reset and start over. (edit > display order > reset default)
Also, you can shift groups of 'stuff' in display order, so they shift up/down but keep their relationships.

Lastly, you can use the element info pallet (window > pallets > element info) to check each elements assigned display order number.

as a new feature request I've been throwing around for quite a few years, I'd LOVE to see an element display order manager. something we can select elements and manually assign their display order numbers or move them in a list... but that request has never been responded to yet... maybe I'll give it a bump on the wishlist forum

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
4dProof
Advisor

it's always been a bit of a juggling act. sometimes it gets so screwed up, you just need to reset and start over. (edit > display order > reset default)
Also, you can shift groups of 'stuff' in display order, so they shift up/down but keep their relationships.

Lastly, you can use the element info pallet (window > pallets > element info) to check each elements assigned display order number.

as a new feature request I've been throwing around for quite a few years, I'd LOVE to see an element display order manager. something we can select elements and manually assign their display order numbers or move them in a list... but that request has never been responded to yet... maybe I'll give it a bump on the wishlist forum

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2
LeeJaeYoung
Virtuoso

I also agree with your opinion.
I think defining levels manually is also a good idea.
I'm thinking about expanding the level from 14 to 128.
Because I like segmentation. ^^

If you don't mind, can you tell me how you divide it into levels?

Thanks to you, I completely understand what Display Order is. Thank you very much.
Have a nice day

Oh! I think there is a need for a method such as Above and Under objects in AutoCAD so that all selected items are below the object.

I wish find would allow you to search by display order.

AC27 on window 11
LeeJaeYoung
Virtuoso

It seems that the display order value in element information is not visible in the cross section.
What do you think?
(It seems to work.)

AC27 on window 11

I element information does not give an accurate answer in this cross section.
No matter how much you change, the value does not change. For example, if it is 7, it does not change even if you raise it, but only a warning message appears saying that the maximum value has been reached.
Is it true that we have this bug?

AC27 on window 11