BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Importing display options

Tom Krowka
Booster
Any way to import existing display options into another existing project. I'm trying to set up a template, have everything all set except for display options.

I found an article in archi-guide, but it references V8.1. Any easier way way to do it in V9. The 8.1 way to do it makes me start from the beginning with DOs.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
AFAIK: The display options are not transferable since they are neither attributes nor part of the work environment. An unfortunate oversight by GS. You could merge the file with the model in it into one with the correct display options, but this may be more work than it's worth if you have developed elevations to copy/paste.
Karl Ottenstein
Tom wrote:
Any way to import existing display options into another existing project. I'm trying to set up a template, have everything all set except for display options.

I found an article in archi-guide, but it references V8.1. Any easier way way to do it in V9. The 8.1 way to do it makes me start from the beginning with DOs.
A link to Laszlo Nagy's article for anyone wondering:
http://www.archicadwiki.com/TechNotes/Display_Options_Combinations_cannot_be_imported?highlight=%28d...
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!