Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Importing view set to layout book

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I import a view to a layout in Plotmaker, it's imported not in the same scale as it is defined in ArchiCAD. The view is in 1/8" but Plotmaker imports it in 1/4". To resolve the problem, I have to go to the drawing setting and change the output scale attribute manually to 1:96. This is not supposed to happen. Does anyone have a similar experience? How do you solve? Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
eugenic wrote:
When I import a view to a layout in Plotmaker, it's imported not in the same scale as it is defined in ArchiCAD.

Unless you have changed the Drawing Attributes preferences, the view imported from ArchiCAD will always come in at the scale defined in the saved view.

Either the View is not set in ArchiCAD at the scale you desire or you are not importing the view you think you are.

woodster
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've checked many times. The scale in View Set is set to 1/8" but when I try to import it in Plotmaker, it's still recognised as 1/4". I wonder if that's a glitch in 9.0.1 update.
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
eugenic,
You should check one more time. What Woody stated is 100% correct.

You know when you are sitting in front of the same mistake you just can't see it.

Cheers.
Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
eugenic wrote:
I've checked many times. The scale in View Set is set to 1/8" but when I try to import it in Plotmaker, it's still recognised as 1/4". I wonder if that's a glitch in 9.0.1 update.

In Navigator, click on the View Sets tab. Then click on the view in question (example = 1. Story in picture attached). At the bottom of the Navigator window you will see the name of the view and View Settings. Notice that the scale you are working at in the plan window and the view settings are not the same in the picture. If you were to click twice on the view, the plan window would change to match the view.

woodster
__archiben
Booster
woodster wrote:
Either the View is not set in ArchiCAD at the scale you desire or you are not importing the view you think you are.
or you have over-ridden your drawing scale settings in plotmaker manually - either in the global preferences, or by specific drawing (right click on imported drawing>Drawing Settings...>Attribute Update Rules(?) )

HTH
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you have multilple view sets that contain views with the same name it can be an easy mistake to chose the wrong view. Make sure when you import you are looking at the desired view set.