BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Inclined Beams with rectengular endings?!

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi all,

any chance to get inclined beams with rectengular endings.
I am struggeling hard to build a steel structure with the included steel profiles as objects.

thanks for hint!
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options > Import standard steel profile
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks for the fast answer.

that i knew.
but as soon as i incline them with e.g. 12° as beams the start and ending inclines as well. i need them to stay how they are ... rectengular.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Had the same problem today. Created complex profiles of the beams I needed and saved them as walls. Inclined the walls/ beams and it worked great.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah yes, I see what you mean, what about converting the beam to a morph then cutting it.
Bruce
Expert
Or you could just use the beam object. It allows you to cut the ends as you need
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC27 5003 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
Anonymous
Not applicable
Bruce wrote:
Or you could just use the beam object. It allows you to cut the ends as you need
Are you referring to Objective?
Thats great, but I think the op is looking for a way to cut beams without buying an add on.
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks for all answers!!

@jcrarch, how can i incline a wall vertically?

@Rogerdodge, when i morph it i also loose the data for ifc export

@Bruce, the standard beam object does not intersect with other elements correctly. and i have to enter the incline value numerically and cant work graphically :S

still exploring 😉
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I would not recommend using morphs. In my experience steel profiles sometimes change in a project and changing a complex morph shape is a royal pain in the behind.

The beam objects should have hotspots for the incline in both sections and 3D view. You can pick top, bottom or middle axis in the dialog settings.

I've used single plan roofs with 0 thickness as SEO operators on a hidden SEO layer to create mitred joints on complex profile beam/collumn connections in the past, that sort of works. You can rotate/incline the roof in section/elevation view.

You can also give any element an override for IFC settings. Make a morph export as a beam etc. Do not feel limited to using the tools for their description/name. A profiled wall can be a concrete beam, a roof can be an inclined slab, etc.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Bruce
Expert
No, not Objective. ARCHICAD standard object library comes with a selection of beams and columns. Open the object dialog and search for beam. Cold or hot formed beam, from memory.
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC27 5003 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
Learn and get certified!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!