Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Inserting Notes From Word

Anonymous
Not applicable
What is the best way import notes into a layout? We have been a manual drafting firm up until this point and all of our notes are created in MS Word. I want to avoid editing in a low powered text editor like AutoCad has... and of coarse, things like scale and font are important too.

Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5
jbArch
Newcomer
I have the best luck creating a PDF of the notes, then placing the PDF onto the layout.

Of course the problem is that you have to create a new PDF (and re-import) if you edit the notes, but I think you maintain batter control over the text formatting if you avoid using archicad's text tool for large blocks of text.

Cheers,
JB
AC 21 (8002) & 22 USA
Mac OSX 10.14.5 on MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Intel i7, 16GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2GB VRAM, 500GB SSD
Anonymous
Not applicable
The best way to streamline the PDF notes is to have two running files. Keep saving over the same PDF file from the Word file. In your Layout book you can right-click on the placed PDF and then click on Update. This will bring up the most current info from the PDF. It's not a bad way to go.
KeesW
Advocate
I used to do it with Word but now do all ours with CadImage's KeyNotes. Check it out - you might also like it!
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hye all,

German users write on their forum :
" With the output of the 10 , OLE becomes EOL as End Of Life " .
Many of them are furious and I share their opinion !
One more time , bad choice for the GS development crew ,
and always the same thing, new problems for all their customers !
Haneef Tayob
Booster
PDF is one way, especially if the text is more complicated and has things like tables, special borders, special alignments, etc.

I generally try to avoid pdf's. There's one less link to load and worry about which will delay opening of the document. PDF's also don't export well to other cad formats - The pdf is converted to an image.

Try the various paste options. You should still get all the text formated (including bullets and tabs) reasonably close to the original.
Haneef Tayob
Aziz Tayob Architects
AC23 INT rel 3003, OS X 10.14.6 iMac 3.3ghz i5 dual monitor, 24GB RAM