BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Insulation over slab missing?

Sana_01
Newcomer

Hi! I am new to Archicad and I need help. So basically I am trying to model detailed project of a family house. I did the walls as composite walls for each story and now I have a problem, because slabs do not have outside insolation, as far as I can see. Is there any way for wall insulation to go over the slab level? 

If I wasnt so clear here is a photo of the 3D view...

I am having problem to find any help on internet, like youtube videos etc.. 

Screenshot 2023-06-21 152347.jpg
3 REPLIES 3
NateLumen
Booster

Hi @Sana_01 

I can think of two ways you could do it...

1) You could make the wall a complex profile instead of a composite and have the lower section of the wall be just the insulation outside of the slab. You would either need to model it to height, crop it at the top, or make it "stretch" vertically where it is just the typical wall assembly.

2) You could make a separate "rim" wall that has all the parts and pieces of the rim - this would replace the lower part of the wall and the outer portion of the slab. This is more accurate but requires a third element.

Botonis
Advisor

Probably you don't need a complex profile because what you are facing is a matter of material's priority settings.

1. make the slab core material to have higher priority than the brick and the internal plaster of the wall.

2.Set the wall height till the upper level of the slab.

3. merge the walls and the slab (the brick and internal plaster will be "cut" by the slab.

4. If you want any other material to the slab set the priorities accordingly

Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.
Lingwisyer
Guru

For the above you work, you will be wanting to have your lower wall meet your upper wall. At the moment it looks as if you have offset the top of your lower wall by your floor thickness.

Lingwisyer_0-1687397223616.png

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Learn and get certified!