Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Interior Wizard - Room Accesories...curved wall problem???

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone out there had any experience using the wall accessories within the interior wizard?

This is an extremely powerful tool but I've noticed it does not process the wall trim on walls that are curved. Is this a known issue and are there plans to add this ability in the near future?

Thanks,
Dan K
8 REPLIES 8
Djordje
Ace
Dan wrote:
Has anyone out there had any experience using the wall accessories within the interior wizard?

This is an extremely powerful tool but I've noticed it does not process the wall trim on walls that are curved. Is this a known issue and are there plans to add this ability in the near future?

Thanks,
Dan K
It is a known issue and I have been screaming about it since it came out ...

What is five years among friends? 😉
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
This isn't a reply, but seems like the best place to ask a question about our friendly Interior Wizard tool.

Does any body know why 'Align 3D Texture' doesn't work on a wall panel object created using either the Interior Wizard or the Wall Accessories?

Very odd...
gerd
Newcomer
hi,

the reason is, because the wall wizard objects are objects and it is not possible to align textures or 3d fills on objects. alignment of texture or fill must be done inside gdl skript.
(karl told us this in another treat, thanks again, I didnt know this...)

best regards and have a nice weekend!
Anonymous
Not applicable
gerd wrote:

the reason is, because the wall wizard objects are objects and it is not possible to align textures or 3d fills on objects. alignment of texture or fill must be done inside gdl skript.
(karl told us this in another treat, thanks again, I didnt know this...)

Thanks for this gerd, do you know where in the script to change it? I've had a look but am not to hot on gdl, so not quite sure where I'm looking. And I guess I should look for that other thread.

Cheers,
Tom
Anonymous
Not applicable
why not just use a thin wall for the wall panel?

bill
gerd
Newcomer
I'm not sure, but as far as I know, the objects for the interior wall wizard are inside the addon apx file. so we will not be able to change ore overwright the original one.

but try this:
- make a new material with rotated texture
- or make renderings outside archicad (f.x. artlantis) to get possibility to rotate textures like needed

best regards
Anonymous
Not applicable
bill wrote:
why not just use a thin wall for the wall panel?
I usually do, but when there are doors or windows in the wall it's a bit of a pain.
But since it's much less of a pain then playing around with the script, then I think I'll just have to put up with it. oh well...
Tom wrote:
do you know where in the script to change it?
You can't change the accessories that ship with AC; you would have to save a copy.

The trim accessories use a macro called 'Profile Extruder'. You would have to copy that too, and change the accessory code to call the new macro. The macro is the thing that needs the texture alignment code. Way more trouble than should be. It should just work.

It's really lame that the room accessory trim won't go around a curved wall. The PRISM_-based accessories (floor structure e.g.) work with curves, though they don't use polylines, they're faceted. See image. Still, there's no reason they couldn't throw TUBEs along the same path.
James Murray

Archicad 25 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info