BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Intersecting 2 roofs in AC15?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
In the attached image I am trying to intersect roof #2 which is a single plane roof with roof #1 which is multi plane (AC15 roof kind) by selecting roof #1 and (choosing roof tool) Command click edge of roof #2 and it does not intersect them. What has changed in AC15?
Thanks,
Joseph
21 REPLIES 21
Rafal SLEK
Enthusiast
Instead command+click you have to use Connect now if at least one element is polyroof (it is something like SEO). Extend roofs to intersect them and then use this method.
MacBook Pro Retina 2019/2.4 GHz/Intel Core i9/32GB RAM/Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB/macOS 11.6/ArchiCAD 25vINT+POL/Maxwell Render 5.2/Twinmotion 2022.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
I intersected and use SEO yet non of the "choose operation:" worked, any other thoughts?
Thaks,
Joseph
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think here you should make that single plane part of the Complex Roof it connects to.
See how the Pivot Lines of the Complex Roof now go and how two roof planes of that right part are set to Gable.
ComplexRoof-AC15.png
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
I think here you should make that single plane part of the Complex Roof it connects to.
See how the Pivot Lines of the Complex Roof now go and how two roof planes of that right part are set to Gable.
How do I make the single plane part of the complex roof?
Thanks
Joseph
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
See the image I posted.
Note the Pivot Lines. This is what I have drawn. The Multi-plane Roof was generated.
Then not the two sides where it says: gable with zero overhang.
Click each of those edges, choose the Gable radio button (which in effect will erase that roof plane), and set its overhang value to zero.
This was my solution.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
See the image I posted.
Note the Pivot Lines. This is what I have drawn. The Multi-plane Roof was generated.
Then not the two sides where it says: gable with zero overhang.
Click each of those edges, choose the Gable radio button (which in effect will erase that roof plane), and set its overhang value to zero.
This was my solution.
Thank Laszlo, I was able to get it to this extent but have hard time extending the roof in the middle to the roof to the left to get the same effect you show. Could you guide me further?
Thanks,
Joseph
Extend to roof.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think Laszlo is suggesting you edit the polyroof on the left, adding geometry to it to replace the single roof.

An alternative might be to (make a copy of polyroof and) convert the polyroof to individual elements, then extend your "roof 2". (If you made a copy before exploding it, you could then delete the copy). Just putting it out there - haven't installed 15 just yet, so there's a good chance I'm talking rubbish.
Anonymous
Not applicable
s2art wrote:
I think Laszlo is suggesting you edit the polyroof on the left, adding geometry to it to replace the single roof.
Editing the polyroof would be just too cumbersome for doing an opration which in AC14 use to take few second; he must have extended the roof on the right to left a lot faster, just do not know how ?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Joseph wrote:
s2art wrote:
Editing the polyroof would be just too cumbersome for doing an opration which in AC14 use to take few second; he must have extended the roof on the right to left a lot faster, just do not know how ?
Pet palette / magic wand takes no time at all.
Learn and get certified!