BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Join/intersect walls with different fill hatch pattern?

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do I hide a line between different walls? In the pic attached, solid walls are existing, and hatched walls are new. I was only able to hide one line as you can see. It was achieved by setting up the priority of the hatched wall higher(16). I tried various things, intersecting, changing display order/line setting, etc, to no avail.

Thank you in advance.
Archicad 15, Mac OS X 7.3
7 REPLIES 7
Erika Epstein
Booster
Instead of intersecting priorities, use the layer intersection number in the layer settings box.
Here the settings are binary, they just need to be different not higher or lower.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you. I tried your suggestion, but it didn't work. It seems that walls with different layer intersecting number just don't intersect.

Here is what I did,
I made a new layer for new walls and made its intersecting layer number 2. Once I move the new walls to the new layer, even the line that I was able to hide with changing priority shows up.

Different idea needed? or is there something I missed?
Erika Epstein
Booster
sorry , thought you wanted the line.

If you don't want a line, then you can make the fill backgrounds for the two walls identical.

Alternatively you can play with the display order, select wall with the ine , right click and send back/backwards etc.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
The solid hatching wall is existing, and the diagonal hatching wall is new. I need them to have different fill backgrounds. No luck with display order.

How are you guys differentiate existing walls and new walls for construction documents?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Using the Renovation Tool!
Anonymous
Not applicable
I also tried Renovation tool. I set the override rule so that the new walls have different fill than existing walls, but it doesn't show the new fill.

If I use the wall setting to change the fill of new walls, then lines between walls show up. I try not to miss AutoCad because I think working with BIM makes more sense, but I really need help.

There are a lot of complaints about renovation tool override in this forum; it simply doesn't work. I tried so many times, but the only thing that works with the renovation override is line type and color. Is this problem still not fixed? or am I not just not using Archicad right?

In short, I want walls with different fill patterns to intersect cleanly as if they had the same fill pattern. Please help.
Anonymous
Not applicable
It'd be really helpful if someone could help me with this. To make my question clearer, I attach another reference pic from AutoCAD construction drawing.
There are no lines between walls with different fill hatch pattern. As soon as I change the fill pattern of a wall in ArchiCAD, however, the walls no longer connect cleanly. The walls do not join as if they were in different layers.

So, how do I connect/intersect/join walls with different fill hatch pattern? (just like the pic attached)

I understand AutoCAD drawing is made out of just 2d lines, and ArchiCAD is BIM. But if I can't even simply remove a line from a drawing, there's no way the boss architect would want to use ArchiCAD. I'm really trying to pitch in with the effectiveness of a BIM software, but I need help!

Thanks in advance.
Screen Shot 2012-04-17 at 12.40.09 PM.png
Learn and get certified!