BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Joining Composites with Unequal Compositions

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a wall here in a toilet, with extra space behind the toilet.

How can I join this?;)

You see on the left side, I tried putting in a vertical wall, but that didn't work. Is there some trick to join these?;)

The two walls are the same, but the one with the toilet has some extra airspace for the built-in toilet
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've modified the wall reference lines and directly attached them, but I'd like to see the skins join around this blue skin.
DGSketcher
Legend
I fixed my last difficult wall connection with a complex profile column which extended out to meet the square ends of the connecting walls. Provided you aren't doing quantity take offs this gives an easy modelled solution. The other thing to watch for is zones don't recognise columns as a boundary so you may have to add a polyline to complete the zone boundary.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Not sure how that is done? Only part of the profile would contain a new skin
DGSketcher
Legend
Basically the column complex profile would look like the floor plan you want to achieve. Drop it on plan and extend to match your wall heights. Adjust the adjoining walls to meet the column. Provided you use the same building materials everything should join without lines in 2D & 3D. You can use renovation filters to display different columns with existing & new skin build ups.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Anonymous
Not applicable
So you mean, create such a complex profile for each skin?
Barry Kelly
Model it as it is built.
You will have return walls at the sides of the void.
You need to model those in as well.
I don’t have ArchiCAD with me at the moment, so I can’t show you, but I think it is pretty clear what I mean.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!