BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Joining Walls

toman311
Enthusiast
I got two different types of walls which meet each other. The problem is that there is a bold black line dividing the two walls. I want this line to go away where the walls meet.

I could change the composite wall edge lines because the materials line up exactly, but what if the walls materials didn't line up exactly?

I miss Revit.
>ArchiCAD 23, 7000 USA FULL

>iMac, 27-inch, 2020, Processor: 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7, Memory: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB
4 REPLIES 4
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi toman311,

Select one of the walls, right-click and choose Edit Selected Composite. For the skins that join, turn off the Wall Skin End Lines. Do the same for the other wall of the corresponding skins only. IMPORTANT: Also, make sure the Building Materials are the same for the corresponding skins in each composite.

HTH

Best regards,
Composites - Wall Skin End Line Controls.png
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
toman311
Enthusiast
Thanks for the response. I think a part of the problem is in the transition I am in from being an experienced Revit user to being a self-taught ArchiCAD user. The two programs sure are different in the details.

Thanks again,
toman311

>iMac, 27-inch, 2020, Processor: 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7, Memory: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
This works without messing with the settings in the Composite Structures Dialog.
The Reference Lines of the two Wall types should be colinear and join properly.
In this example the Reference Line of the Walls are all on the Inside Face.
In the attached image this is what I did and as you can see there is no line between the corresponding skins of the two Walls.
WallJoin.png
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
toman311
Enthusiast
Ah, I understand now. Thanks.

Learn and get certified!