Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Keyboard doesn't work for any commands in explore mode

Anonymous
Not applicable
My keyboard becomes inactive when I enter explore mode. I can move a bit with my mouse. However, I can't move forward with the arrows or back or adjust speed or anything. I feel like the mouse has been given full control.
14 REPLIES 14
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
When you enter Explore mode, the 3D Explore Information Dialog comes up. Does it show all the keyboard shortcuts you can use? (See attached image).
If not, maybe there ar eno keyboard shortcuts assigned at all so you need to assign them or switch to the Standard Shortcuts scheme in the Work Environment Dialog.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
The standard dialogue does come up, but none of the usual commands work.
I checked my shortcuts in the work environment and there aren't any assigned even in the default Standard Shortcuts 19. Would you be able to take screen shots of what yours say?
Screen Shot 2015-09-24 at 9.29.12 AM.png
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
My Work Environment looks the same as yours. Looks like these are non-customizable shortcuts, because it should say: Lateral Move Left /Lateral Move Right, but there are no such commands available, only Lateral Move (which I am not exactly sure what it does).
But this still does not give an explanation to why these shortcuts don't work for you at all.

You may try cleaning your ARCHICAD preferences, see if that handles it:

http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/troubleshooting/setup/repair-archicad/#Cleaning_preferences_on_a_MA...

(Or, could they be interfering with some Mac system shortcuts or shortcuts in another application?)
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've tried the cleanup and the explore mode still doesn't work. I can't think of anything else as to what could be interfering with these commands.
Stress Co_
Advisor
This has happened to me a few times now.
I also lose the ability to toggle "Quick Selection" on/off with the space bar.

Restarting my Mac seems to solve the problem... till the next time.

Not a very complex project, but I only have 8 GB of Ram,.... so maybe?
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Did you ever resolve this issue? I am having the same problem with my Macbook... but NO problems on my iMac or even my PC!!! i can "look around" but my feet are "Frozen in place" when in explore mode. arrow keys dont work, nor do WASD keys. and these keys all work fine in Plan Mode, etc.
i am working with large files (IFC Revit imports), but again the files open and operate fine on PC and IMac, just not laptop (Macbook)!!? help?
Stress Co_
Advisor
I haven't had any problems since bumping my memory to 24 GB.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Anonymous
Not applicable
So ArchiCAD 20 has arrived and I still am having the same issue with Explore mode not working. Another keybord shortcut that stopped working is the magic wand (spacebar). I was able to override the shortcut but it was strange it just stopped working one day.
Jeff Kogut
Booster
Have you tried going back to default keyboard settings? Do they work? Then rebuild your custom keys?
AC19-23 | Win10 Pro | i7-8700K | Quadro P600 | 500gb 960 EVO M2 | Dual 28" 4k Samsung U28E590