Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Keyboard shortcut - Floor plan with current settings

Arcadia
Booster
I always had a keyboard shortcut set up to go to the floor plan. The command was called "floor plan" and opened the floor plan view from the project map with whatever layer settings were current in whatever window you were in.

V20 changed the way this command worked (it now just opens the floor plan view from the view map) and introduced a new shortcut for this called "Floor plan with current settings".

This doesn't work as expected - when I am in an elevation or interior elevation view or section view and hit my shortcut I expect the floor plan to open up with the same layers active as I had in the elevation but it doesn't do this now. In fact the shortcut key doesn't do anything and I have to actually go to the project map and click the view. Why?
V12-V27, PC: Ryzen 9 3950X, 64g RAM, RTX5000, Win 11
3 REPLIES 3
Eduardo Rolon
You will need to recheck your shortcuts. Open Floor Plan with Current settings is the New Command, Floor Plan is the normal we are used to. I have them mapped to CMD+F2 for the first one and F2 for the original. Same for 3D Window
Screen Shot 2016-12-01 at 9.30.58 PM.png
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Arcadia
Booster
ejrolon wrote:
You will need to recheck your shortcuts. Open Floor Plan with Current settings is the New Command, Floor Plan is the normal we are used to. I have them mapped to CMD+F2 for the first one and F2 for the original. Same for 3D Window

Maybe my original post wasn't clear but I am already aware of this and I have shortcuts for both. What I am saying is that the new command doesn't work like the old command. The new command does NOT WORK AT ALL if I am in section, elevation, interior elevations.
V12-V27, PC: Ryzen 9 3950X, 64g RAM, RTX5000, Win 11
Eduardo Rolon
Well… mine is working.

If I am in section with Layer Set 01 and I hit the shortcut for Floor Plan with current settings it switches to the Layer Set 01in Plan and if I then hit F3 to open the 3D View with different settings and hit F2 with Current then it changes also.

If I use the other shortcut then the Plan previous settings stay.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator