Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Keyboard shortcut for flip wall on reference line

Barry Kelly
Is there a keyboard shortcut to flip the wall on its reference line (see attached image)?

Pre version 17 we could use 'C' to change the construction method which would effectively flip the wall on the reference line.
But now in 17, 18 & 19 we have the new option of inside, outside or centre which only moves the wall on the ref line and there is now the separate flip button.
There is still the 'C' keyboard shortcut to do this but I can't seem to find one to flip the wall.
This would be so much quicker than having to click the button with the mouse.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
10 REPLIES 10
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I don't see any in the list of standard shortcuts and I don't see the command available in making custom shortcut.

You can list all your shortcuts in webbrowser from the work environment > keyboard shortcuts. There is a button at the bottom there. It's quite handy!
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Barry Kelly
Found it.
It is called 'Change Flip Status' and I think the default shortcut is 'P'.
But I think I will set it as 'C' so it is the same as older versions and use 'P' for the reference line location (or 'P'osition) i.e. construction method.

I have changed my mind.
I will stick with 'C' as the shortcut for Construction Method so the other tools remain the same and for now I will stick with 'P' for the flip (P for 'P'hlip the wall or maybe change 'P'ostion will be the way to remember it )
This will keep the shortcuts the same as the default Archicad shortcuts.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I believe the old 'C' function is still around. On my computer the command this is linked to is called 'Switch Construction Methods'. Now that you've enlightened me to this 'Change Flip Status' command I made another shortcut for this. Also, I have a shortcut setup to bring up the 'Modify Wall Reference Line' dialog which has been absolutely invaluable for toggling reference line location without moving the wall itself.
Barry Kelly
Yes the 'C' shortcut is still for 'Construction Method'.
It is just that the construction method for walls changed slightly with 17.
Before it was an easy way to flip the wall on the ref line.
Now it moves the wall on the ref line and we have the extra button for flip.

I would like to assign 'C' to the flip but that will affect all the other tools.
So I will have to find another shortcut.
Shame 'F' is taken (I like single key shortcuts the best).
Might just stick with 'P'.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I see. That was so subtle I hadn't noticed until you pointed it out. However, may reflect my general approach to drafting — mash buttons until desired result is achieved.

There is also the less advanced but equally effective move of mirroring the wall on the reference line.

I await the ArchiCAD version where we'll finally be able to draft telepathically. No button shortcut.
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
The P shortcut is also shared with flipping Shells and Doors/Windows.
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
Found it.
It is called 'Change Flip Status' and I think the default shortcut is 'P'.
But I think I will set it as 'C' so it is the same as older versions and use 'P' for the reference line location (or 'P'osition) i.e. construction method.

Barry.
Thank you very much!
I have searched for it too, but did not find.

Now I've assigned C button to "Change flip status", and V button to "Switch Construction Methods".
Barry Kelly
Rammstein wrote:
Now I've assigned C button to "Change flip status", and V button to "Switch Construction Methods".
Just be aware you will have to use 'V' as the construction method for beams, slabs, meshes, etc., now as well.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
Rammstein wrote:
Just be aware you will have to use 'V' as the construction method for beams, slabs, meshes, etc., now as well.

Barry.
I know, thanks. Before ArchiCAD 19 I have worked with AC16 and C button I've always used only for flipping walls.