Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

LBK to AC10 Crashes

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a LBK file that i am trying to convert to AC10 and every time I try to open it, it gets all the subsets and layouts in there and then locks with the menus and tool bars empty and closes itself down. The file is 3.71 Mb and it doesn't work. Is there something i am doing wrong? I used the same process to open another file approx. the same size and it didn't work either. Smaller files however work perfectly. What can I do?
3 REPLIES 3
Djordje
Ace
Did you follow the Conversion guide to the letter?

You have of course sent the Bug reports? Contacted your reseller and sent him the problematic file? Contacted GS US if your reseller does not provide support?

I am asking all this because it is next to impossible to guess the problem remotely ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:

You have of course sent the Bug reports? Contacted your reseller and sent him the problematic file? Contacted GS US if your reseller does not provide support?

I am asking all this because it is next to impossible to guess the problem remotely ...
Answers in order as asked:
1. Yes!
2. It did not afford me to option of sending the bug reports, It just closed up and froze.
3. I contacted them and am waiting for the reply and it is not just one file. Since my last post i have checked and all of the files (8-10 of them(2.5Mb - 4Mb)) do this to the computer.
4. I have not contacted Graphisoft US yet untill i see what the reseller can do for me.

I appreciate the line of questioning. It helps insure i have made it through the correct channels to make the best time on fixing the problem. Is there any way to get the bug reports going again?
Thank You Djordje
Djordje
Ace
jcude wrote:
Djordje wrote:

Answers in order as asked:
1. Yes!
2. It did not afford me to option of sending the bug reports, It just closed up and froze.
3. I contacted them and am waiting for the reply and it is not just one file. Since my last post i have checked and all of the files (8-10 of them(2.5Mb - 4Mb)) do this to the computer.
4. I have not contacted Graphisoft US yet untill i see what the reseller can do for me.

I appreciate the line of questioning. It helps insure i have made it through the correct channels to make the best time on fixing the problem. Is there any way to get the bug reports going again?
Thank You Djordje
You can also look for RPT files and the Crashdump files in your local user folders (not sure where it is on the Mac) and send them along, if the Bug reporter did not start.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen