Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Labels/Text formatting

Anonymous
Not applicable
Like it was not enough that we have issues exchanging fonts between ArchiCAD and AutoCAD, between ArchiCAD & PlotMaker and now I find that even when you explode label you loose your formatting.

Does anyone finds it is serous problem and is there any way around to handle fonts in ArchiCAD?
5 REPLIES 5
Erika Epstein
Booster
what are you trying to achieve?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erica,

I am trying to make ArchiCAD text reasonable readable in AutoCAD.

I found a way to come around line spacing issues by manually adjusting it when imported in AutoCAD but this doesn't work on labels.

When exported labels shift and usually overlap the pointer line. Initially I thought that this was AC/ACAD formatting discrepancy issue but when I exported a label in ArchiCAD I found that same thing happens in ArchiCAD as well. I would expect that labels, when exploded, transform to lines and text with same formatting, so I could do same work around with line spacing ones I export it to ACAD.

Regards
TomWaltz
Participant
I cannot say I've ever had a problem exporting fonts, to Autocad or Plotmaker.

Are there any custom fonts you are using?
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
If Arial Western is custom?
I did altered width to 80% but, as I said, there is already known issue regarding different formatting engines in ArchiCAD & ACAD.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, we have a problem with Autocad to Plotmaker text issues…for us at least…if Autocad is imported into PM initially….the text is translated correctly….but if you where to close out and come back into PM….the font defaults to Arial….

We don’t use the labels …but that is another story….

So far there are no problems with exporting Archicad text out to Autocad… are office standard font is Architext in AC…..I don’t use an alternate text translation when translating…for example Architext becomes Arial…I change the font in Autocad using the ‘filter command….