Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Layer Combination - redefine with current window settings?

JohnJay
Expert

Is it possible to update layer combinations based on the current open window combination (similar to how we can update views)?

Currently I create a new combo then delete the old one but there must be a better way?

AC27 | i7990x | RTX4070 | W10
3 REPLIES 3
runxel
Legend

Use the add-on of @BerndSchwarzenbacher .

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
JohnJay
Expert

Thanks, I'll look into it

On a sidenote though, I find that whenever I save a view often there is no corresponding Layer Combination already created.

Wouldn't it be more convenient if AC made a layer combo to reflect the current visible layer settings?  Otherwise we need a different layer combo for pretty every saved view no?

AC27 | i7990x | RTX4070 | W10

@JohnJay wrote:

Wouldn't it be more convenient if AC made a layer combo to reflect the current visible layer settings?  Otherwise we need a different layer combo for pretty every saved view no?

No.

All of my plan views have the same layer combination.

My electrical plans have a different layer combination.

My site plan another.

All elevations and sections have their own combination.

The layer combinations simply turn on/off what you do or don't want to see.

You could have the same layer combination for your plan and elevations if you want - depends how you model.

I happen to have 3D elements i want to show in elevation/section but not in plan, that is the only reason i have different combinations.

If you have your template set up correctly, you should be doing very little editing of layers and layer combinations.

Assuming your jobs are for a similar purpose.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11