BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Layer visibility when changing between 2D and 3D view

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've recently moved from AC19 to AC22 and have noticed a big change in how Archicad deals with layer visibility between 2D and 3D views (using keyboard shortcuts to switch views).

Previously, Archicad would always maintain the visible layers when switching between 2D and 3D views. I could go in to 3D, turn on certain layers, go back to 2D and the visible layers would be as they were in 3D, and vice versa.

Now in 22, whenever I go from 2D to 3D, the 3D view will show the layers that were visible in the 2D view, but if I go back the other way from 3D to 2D, the 2D view will show the layer combination that was last visible in the 2D view, not the layers that I have on in the 3D view. When I design I am constantly bouncing between 2D and 3D, using different marquees to cut around sections of the building in 3D view so this new method has really affected my workflow.

Can anyone explain the logic behind this change and if there is a setting to make it work the it did previously?
2 REPLIES 2
Lingwisyer
Guru
Duplicate thread: see here.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Anonymous
Not applicable
Gracias. I did a search but didn't find that one. Assumed someone must have had the same question before
Learn and get certified!