BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Line thickness in plan and section

qbic-ft
Booster
Hello,
I switched from Revit to Archicad a week ago and I'm working on my wall types, what I got in floorplan is what I want in terms of graphical representation; a thicker perimetric line and the lines of the elements ( framing, insulation, brick,etc) thinner, but when I see the same wall in section with the same pen style all the lines have the same thickness as the perimeter and the hatches are ok.
Did I miss something? The "edit composite" for the wall is the same for floorplans and sections...why they represent it differently?

Thanks,

Fernando
2 REPLIES 2
Hello Fernando,

Like Autodesk Autocad, Archicad allows you to visualize differently in the design environment and then in the layout. It is worth checking the pen sets of your sight once it is positioned on your layout. Just like for Autocad you can indeed dissociate the set of pens of a view of the sets of pen of the same view on its layout.
Thus it is possible to request the same view several times with several sets of different pens (no need to prepare several views for this).
Also I invite you to check that the real line thickness is indeed activated in the Options menu. (at the top of your screen)

What type of training have you taken to switch from Revit to Archicad? What are your impressions ? The archicad user community would be delighted to hear your thoughts on this matter.

Beautiful evening,
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
runxel
Legend
Hey Fernando, welcome to the better BIM-side of the world!

Could you post screenshots? I think its not entirely clear which lines you refer to (even tho I have an assumption).
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Learn and get certified!