BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Line types in composites in 12?

Did that happen?
9 REPLIES 9
Karl Ottenstein
No. 😞

But... any line type works with complex profiles ... so you can just convert the composite to a profile via the 'capture' button and select the linetype there.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl wrote:
you can just convert the composite to a profile via the 'capture' button and select the linetype there.
That's a great workaround tip. Thanks.
Karl Ottenstein
Welcome. 😉
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
David Shorter
Advisor
Very interesting Karl.... have you tried it in 12?
Looks fine in section and it is really nice to see dotted lines in section
In plan it leaves a lot to be desired..... but then so did 11
Archicad 4.1 to 27 Apple Silicon
you can't build a line
Mac Studio
iPad Pro
iPhone
Karl Ottenstein
David wrote:
Very interesting Karl.... have you tried it in 12?
Looks fine in section and it is really nice to see dotted lines in section
In plan it leaves a lot to be desired..... but then so did 11
Hi David,

Yes, 12 is where I checked for Ignacio.

Looked OK to me in plan and section, at least for a single element....maybe you could show a screenshot of what isn't working well? (I assume it is the old problem of dashes/etc at corners...?)

Karl
David Shorter
Advisor
Here is the Plan and section. Spot the difference. Looks correct in section. Plan is crap. As was 11
you can't build a line
Mac Studio
iPad Pro
iPhone
Karl Ottenstein
David wrote:
Here is the Plan and section. Spot the difference. Looks correct in section. Plan is crap. As was 11
Ugh. Thanks, David. I tried every workaround I could think of, and cannot get plan to look correct in the initial 12 release. I thought that perhaps using the pet palette to set individual edge line types would work if there was a bug in the 'uniform' setting - but no. In plan, one edge picks up the style of the next edge even if there is a physical (air) gap.

Do you know if this is in the bug system yet? This is too serious for it to have existed in 11 and not be fixed in 12.

Thanks for keeping me and others from blissfully setting things up to use this broken feature!

Karl
David Shorter
Advisor
Sorry to disillusion you Karl but it was there in 11, just the same .... but I onlly check it after I found the problem in 12.
Anyway I have formally reported it now, lets see what happens
you can't build a line
Mac Studio
iPad Pro
iPhone
JaredBanks
Mentor
Have you tried setting the wall's floor plan dispaly to outline only or overhead all and then setting the line type of uncut or overhead lines to whatever you want? That'd give you whatever fancy lines you want in section and then something similar or simpler in plan. Maybe I'm just dumbing down the question...
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
Learn and get certified!