Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Load fill pattern?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been using AC v8 for about a year, but mostly with files that were created with v6.5. I recently discovered some of the new fill patterns from the default template for v8. We like to use some old files as templates for new ones. How can I load a newer fill pattern into one of these old files? Could this be done with materials too? I should probably paste all of the elements from an old file into a new template, but that's not always convenient to do.

Thanks in advance,
Art Lum
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
In the older file, use the Attribute Manager ("Options/Attribute Manager"). In Attribute Manager,select open and choose the file containing the fills and materials you want to bring in. Click on append, and OK the creation process. This will then load the fills and make them available for use.

Copying a fill pattern from the new file will also work. Open both the old and new drawings in separate sessions. Place an area of the fill you want to transfer in the new drawing and copy. Paste in the older drawing and the fill will become available.

The attribute manager process would be my recommendation, but both will work.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the tip! I was looking for that info. in the manual under the Fill Tool. Now I'll fully explore the Attribute Manager. I notice you can change Pens and other attributes here. Excellent!