BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Manual Inputs - Drafting

Anonymous
Not applicable
For some reason, I have lost the ability to manually input the radius when drawing an element (be it a wall, line, or other). Example - I want to draw a line, I select the line tool, click a first time ...then I hit "R", but it does not revert to the "R" box down low, and I can't manually input a value. The "X", "Y" and "A" all seem to be working, but can't get the "R" back in operation.

Any suggestions?

Mahalo,

Patrick
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you on AC11? Try turning Tracker on (although with it off R still works for me), or use D (distance) instead.
Anonymous
Not applicable
In AC 9.0. There is no "D" functionality ...well, that I know after trying it.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
ArchiCAD 9??

We're up to AC11 now, so excuse the confusion.

Chances are that the keyboard shortcut has been detached or reassigned to another command. You can check/reassign it under Options> Work Environment. See the attached image.

Mahalo,
Link.
Reassign.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Link! You nailed it!! ...and big MAHALO for taking the time to illustrate ...I had dabbled with another function a while ago and had probably utilised the "R" for some "Rebuild" functionnality.

As for AC version, hear 12 is just around the corner ...BTW, anyone with inputs of compatibility of 11 with Vista? ...though I am sure a little research should yield the info... Any personal inputs welcome!...

Again, MAHALO!!

Patrick
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Patrick wrote:
Thanks Link! You nailed it!! ...and big MAHALO for taking the time to illustrate ...I had dabbled with another function a while ago and had probably utilised the "R" for some "Rebuild" functionnality.

As for AC version, hear 12 is just around the corner ...BTW, anyone with inputs of compatibility of 11 with Vista? ...though I am sure a little research should yield the info... Any personal inputs welcome!...

Again, MAHALO!!

Patrick
ArchiCAD 11 is officially supported on Vista by GS. Previous versions are not.
http://www.archicadwiki.com/ArchiCAD_versions
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!