Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Marking Fire Walls Differently in Model and Layout Space

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am working on a remodel of a building on ArchiCAD 18. Our office standards are that existing walls have a poche and new walls do not. I've been able to set this up using the renovation filters.

My question is that I'd like to give new fire walls a poche so that when we are working on the project, we know which walls are fire walls, but when I place the view on a layout, I want the fire walls to print without a poche so that it looks like all other new walls.

I feel like this is a MVO setting but I'm not sure how to apply this to only the fire walls since I want the existing walls to have a poche and the news to not have a poche. Hopefully I made this clear...

If anyone has represented fire walls in another way, I'm open to other ideas too.
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
When you place a Drawing on a Layout it always has a source View.
A View as part of its definitions stores the renovation settings.
So you can specify different Renovation settings, save different Views that would be saved with those Renovation settings and so you can have one View which is what you want to see in the Viewpoint, and another View that is the source of a Drawing placed on a Layout, showing something different.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Erika Epstein
Booster
Another way to denote a firewall is in its composite. You can have a fill type or a special line type which is used in the composite.
How did you denote firewalls previously?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
"Erika Epstein" wrote:
Another way to denote a firewall is in its composite. You can have a fill type or a special line type which is used in the composite.
How did you denote firewalls previously?

At previous firms, poched walls were new construction and walls without a poche were existing, which we set up in the renovation filter. I could easily then change the poche color to be red and it would print the same and clearly be marked in model space.

I do like the idea changing the composite lines to be red with the same line weights that we use. I just played around with it and it's clear which walls would be fire walls and which walls are not.

Thank you.