Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Match Properties (eye dropper) wont take on renovation prop?

rob2218
Enthusiast
Why in AC21, when I click on a "pline" and try to draw a new pline....wont it get the "match properties" with the eye dropper?

the pline I'm trying to get the properties for is in a "proposed" renovation filter state yet....it wont pick that up in the match props?

I'm on a PC, using the "ALT key" to pick up the properties of the pline that is on the "Proposed" renovation filter yet when I go to draw/input the new pline....it places it on the "Existing" reno filter?
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
4 REPLIES 4
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Renovation filter is not picked up by syringe, rather it is determined by the renovation tool palette current setting and then randomly switches around in my experience.

Copy paste, drag a copy etc allow for getting properties and renovation filter settings.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
rob2218
Enthusiast
that's rather odd? that the "match props" function ignores the state of the renovation of "whatever" is being matched? isn't that the whole idea of "match properties"?......ALL properties? I mean, when you do it for a window, a door, a wall, etc.....the 'match prop' function grabs EVERYTHING about that component........even when you painfully don't want it to. For example, sometimes with "windows" and "doors" I just want the matchprop to grab the parameters of the jamb,wall closure, mullion size....but NOT everything else. I want it to be able to select and choose "WHAT" properties I want match....not ALL or NOTHING...which is why I find the renovation state odd that it not grab it.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
Anonymous
Not applicable
You have to be honest, if a small window comes up every time you use the syringe that would kill the fluent design process. In more cases you want to copy everything.
Also many object has hundreds of GDL parameters it would be a nightmare to find what you need. If you ever added GDL parameter to schedules you know. There are multiple parameters with similar name for different purposes.
runxel
Legend
Well, if you remember that the reno state is also not saved with favorites it makes some kind of sense.
It's some kind of "temporary" attribute, not "permanent" like a window size. (?)
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»