BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Materials & hatching

Anonymous
Not applicable
I want the wall and the door to have/appear in the same material (vectorial hatching), in 2d elevation (it´s right in 3D).

What happen is: I choose a material that has a vectorial hatching vertical. When I choose the same material on the door, the hatching show horizontal (on the door)??

How to I get a material to show the same direction on both walls and doors(windows)?? without having to make a copy and turn it 90 degree)
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Doors in AC are scripted in a way which allows one and the same material to have different mapping coordinates and appearance. In your case, this makes the wood grain rotate horizontally in the upper casing. This is a great feature, which AC users take for granted! But if you model a door in another application or export an AC door to a rendering application, you will have to remap manually each wooden piece to achieve the proper appearance.

About 90% of doors with veneer finish have vertical orientation of the veneer grain. For example - doors in my office! 😉 So, the person who wrote the door object assumed it as the default option.
Learn and get certified!