BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Materials on 3rd party objects dont appear in renders.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
Whenever I take a photo render using the Lightworks rendering engine, all 3rd party objects I have obtained from websites appear with a mirror-type, high reflecting material, instead of the standard materials that appear in the OpenGl 3D browsing environment. Would anyone know why this is happening, as it only appears on Lightworks renders?

Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
davidc95:

The LightWorks material settings are not the same as the Internal Engine/OpenGL settings. In the Material Settings dialog box, select the problematic material, then select the LightWorks Rendering Engine option (under Create Preview), then click on the Match with Internal Engine button. You may then need to further adjust the LightWorks settings to get the desired result.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the response.

I am not sure what material the object is using as it is composed of custom materials, so I do not think any adjustments in the material manager will have any effect.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
davidc95:

Then you would need to dive into the GDL of the object(s) to change the way the materials are assigned so they use the project's materials, looking for the DEFINE MATERIAL command(s) in the 3D Script. I don't know of another way.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!