Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Metal web joist length

Sandramuller
Contributor

I am a le to change the length  of the beam object but not to the exact length I need. 

I also have a composite floor with air void I managed to get the Webjoist showing up in this void. However I see also see a lot of thi gs in the void I don't want to see and which are further away.  If I change the section distance then I won't see the roof of the main part of the house 

Any advice?

3 REPLIES 3
schagemann
Enthusiast

You might already have done this, but often it helps to add a temporary associated dimension chain to an object you struggle to dimension.

Regarding the composite floor, can you please add a screenshot to illustrate this?

macinteract
Design Technology Managers.
All  on macOS | since AC 6

Archicad Framework > Smart Template 27
Smart Tree, Transmittal and Universal Label and other smart GDL Objects
By Architects for Architects.

How do I add the Dimension?

Will add a Screenshot when I am in the office

Barry Kelly

@Sandramuller wrote:

I also have a composite floor with air void I managed to get the Webjoist showing up in this void. However I see also see a lot of thi gs in the void I don't want to see and which are further away.  If I change the section distance then I won't see the roof of the main part of the house 

That is the pitfall of 3D modelling.

If there is a void, then there is nothing to block what you see in the distance.

Sure you can limit the section distance, but that affects everything, as you have found.

You can try a 2D white (or background colour) fill, and you will have to use display order to send the fill or your web joists forward or backward.

Or you could place a 3D 'block', behind the joists, but you may notice this in other sections, elevations and 3D views - so that is not necessarily a good idea.

Or make the void in your floor composite so it is not an actual void (i.e. not a transparent material).

This will block anything in the background, but also your joists unless they actually pass through the section line.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11