Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Misaligned textures in complex wall assemblies

naomihansen
Booster
Hi,

I have a wall assembly repeated on multiple walls. Most of them will join just fine, but at one corner, the edge of my outer material has its texture misaligned. This shows up as a thin strip of texture that is off. I checked the junction order on both walls and they are the same. The outer material is the same, with (obviously) the same priority settings. I tried aligning the textures to the same point, and that re-alines the outside surface but the edge of this material doesn't change.
This only happens at this one corner and I can't figure out why or how to fix it. Any advice?
Naomi Hansen
Terry & Terry Architecture

Running AC27 build 4001 USA on Mac OS14.1.2
5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly
Check this option in your wall settings to see if that makes a difference.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
naomihansen
Booster
Thanks Barry!

That option was already checked. Unchecking it fixed my problem. Thanks for pointing this out! (though it looks like something is buggy there, because it was checked for all my walls, but was causing the problem for just this one).

Naomi
Naomi Hansen

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Naomi,

I think it is not buggy. I think because it was checked for all Walls, in case of your L-connection, Archicad still could not decide which of the two Walls' End Surface should be overridden with the Surface of the adjoining Wall.

In your example, your vertical Wall's outermost skin cut the outermost skin of your horizontal Wall, causing this issue. So, to make it unambiguous, you should check the checkbox for the vertical Wall (that cuts the other Wall), and make sure it is unchecked for the horizontal Wall. In that case, Archicad can decide what you want to achieve. Does this explanation make sense?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
naomihansen
Booster
Hi Laszlo,

The explanation makes sense, but doesn't explain why the texture of the edge of the skin was not aligned to match the texture of the outside face of the skin? I had tried setting origins for the texture (Creative Imaging>Align 3D Texture) and it did change the alignment for the outer face, but not the end, which didn't move.
Also, it doesn't explain why this situation doesn't happen at every L junction... it was only happening at this corner.
My problem was solved by this fix, so I appreciate the feedback. Just trying to better understand what the problem was, for future reference.
Thanks!
Naomi
Naomi Hansen

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, you are right, that does not explain those things.
I think it may be a good idea for you to talk to your reseller about these issues, so they can further investigate and forward it to Graphisoft if needed.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!