Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Missing/Duplicate Libraries

Anonymous
Not applicable
I started creating a space using doors and windows from the Object library that I guess came installed with the program. Well I downloaded a table from the internet and now the original library is gone - or doesn't work - or I don't know! So now if I choose Object I get no doors, no windows, etc. Even if I search it comes back with no results.

The only suggestion I could find online here is to maybe consolidate libraries and that would solve the issue. NO. No matter how many libraries I add to the manager, the consolidate icon never even shows up.

I'm dead in the water right now. I've got midterms due this Monday and both classes I'm taking require ArchiCAD to complete the projects. HEEELPP!!!

Also, I even tried removing the program and reinstalling thinking that would bring all the defaults back. NOPE. The issue seems to follow the file? Although I opened a new file and still couldn't access the objects from the beginning.

I'm using ArchiCAD 16 Education (the only one I've ever used) on a Macbook Pro.
1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly
Doors can only be accessed in the library by using the "door" tool.
Windows with the "window" tool.
Sounds like you are using the "object" tool which will allow you to see the table you downloaded but not the doors or windows.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11