Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Missing Library Objects- how to delete?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've got another one:

I am copying and pasting walls with windows and doors in them from one project t another.

These orignially came from nine, and I want to hold the window and door sizes in the walls, so I ctrl + alt click the doors/windows I want in the dialogue box. So in their place I have what I want, but I also have the dot taht tellme I am missing the door or window that should be there when I copied in the wall.

How do I get rid of this dot, or "missing library object"?
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jesikuh123 wrote:
I've got another one:

I am copying and pasting walls with windows and doors in them from one project t another.

These orignially came from nine, and I want to hold the window and door sizes in the walls, so I ctrl + alt click the doors/windows I want in the dialogue box. So in their place I have what I want, but I also have the dot taht tellme I am missing the door or window that should be there when I copied in the wall.

I think your asking how to delete the original object. If that's right then just select the dot that indicates where it should be and hit delete.

If this isn't what you mean could you slow down a little and ask the question again!
TomWaltz
Participant
Jesikuh123 wrote:
I've got another one:

You usually will run into problems if you copy/paste between versions.

Most likely, you can eye-dropper the dot to get its parameters, then open the Door Tool library, and inject those parameters into the equivalent door object in the Archicad 10 library.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Both of tehse answers - together- have solved my problems. Thank you.

What I was doing with these objects and windows was to just select the "dot" and go into the selection's settings dialogue box and ctrl + click the same object in the 10 library, but what I needed to do was eye dropper it in plan, so thanks alot!
And as far as not being able to delete the windows that came in with the wall, that was because I would be able to ctrl + click for the window, but then I still had a missing window marker, so I would just have to change that too.
Anonymous
Not applicable
OK- well Im back- I decided that this ctrl/click/eye dropper etc...

works if it wants to I guess.

If I ctrl + Click the base cabinet (2 Door) I keep getting the sink and no end lines and all this non sense, even when the one I am eye droppering does not have these settings.

David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Jesikuh123 wrote:
If I ctrl + Click the base cabinet (2 Door) I keep getting the sink and no end lines and all this non sense, even when the one I am eye droppering does not have these settings.
This thread has some information about odd parameter transfers:
Missing Sink Hole in Basin Cabinet

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14