BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Modeling a custom fireplace in 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
First, all the searches I did on “Modeling a custom Fireplace” brought me to a page that read no current topics.

So, would someone be so kind and suggest a method to model a custom fireplace in v22?

Thanks,
4 REPLIES 4
You will get much better information if you have a picture or sketch of what you are trying to achieve. "Custom fireplace" could be just about anything.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Barry Kelly
You will have to use walls, slabs, roofs, morphs, etc., to create the form that you want.
It won't be a stretchy, parametric fireplace, unless you are handy with a bit of GDL scripting.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Richard wrote:
You will get much better information if you have a picture or sketch of what you are trying to achieve. "Custom fireplace" could be just about anything.
Thanks guys!

Richard,

The client I am working with will have some ideas so that will get me started. You’re spot on to what I was think but what is the best approach? Finding a parametric model may be tough and even if I found something close, how editable would it be so, perhaps a morph. From there, I am not sure what tools or steps would be ideal to transform the look. I’m thinking Chief...and a “Material Region”. Curious about how AC22 users would approach this process. Once complete, in whatever form or steps are required Group it and save as a favorite for future use.

All ideas are welcome. Thanks.
Barry Kelly
First I would look for an existing object and hope that it is parametric enough to do what you want.
If not then you can convert to a morph and try editing that, but larger complicated morphs can be a bit painful to edit sometimes.
Otherwise create it from walls, slabs roofs and possibly simple shaped morphs (that are easier to edit).

You can then GROUP all of the elements so they stick together.
You could save as an object (although it won't be parametric) or save as a module (.MOD file) for use in other projects.

The ultimate of course is to script your own parametric object, but if you are not familiar with GDL scripting I would not attempt this.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!