BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Modelling niches - lésène For construction plans and quantity takeoffs

bouhmidage
Advisor

Hello, 

I often use simple shapes to design my projects, the concept is a simple wall, with inside or outside extrucsions, like shown in tha attachement below, they are made of columns and beams having the same building mateial so they merge in 2D plan presentation, 

In 3D, i use surface overlay to create seperated texture, for exemple, the green vertical elements are column with green side surface, i used columns cos they are strocnger than wall, so the window side surface will be green.

the niches under windows are made with columns with AIR material, ( 999 priority ) in a hidden layer, 

For conceptual design, all works great, in 3D and 2D , not very well in 2D but it's almost OK.

But when i try to move to construction plans, it becomes a headache.

in reality, it's a brick wall, outside extrucions are brick too ( same brick ) . all covered with a cement finish, 2.5 cm of thickness. cement should follow all the corners, reveals, extrusions, etc. so it can be represented correctly on floor plan, and quantified correctly too.

Did you have some solutions to deal with this please ? 

ARCHICAD_15FlUpIQW5.png

ARCHICAD_gMUtEYVaoG.png

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 10 GB
Archicad 25
Windows 10 professional
https://www.behance.net/Nuance-Architects
3 REPLIES 3
Rajesh Patil
Expert

Hi, I think you are not using composite building materials, using wrap column will follow the walls outer finish composite skin may solve your problem. Have you tried for window tools niche option?  if possible try to mail me Archicad ". pln" file.

Will check and try to solve your problem. 

Rajesh Patil
AC 09-27 | INT | WIN11 64
Dell Inspiron 7591, Core i9, 9880H 2.30GHz, 16.0GB, NVidia GeForce GTX1650, 4.0GB, SSD Internal 500GB, Dell SSD External 250GB
bouhmidage
Advisor

Yesterday,after the post,  I did some tests, I got interesting results using complex profile column, the niche window doesn't add core brick to the extrusion,  it only makes plaster thicker,

but they are workarounds, it would be better to have this future in an easier way 

I'll show you tomorrow when I get in office 

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 10 GB
Archicad 25
Windows 10 professional
https://www.behance.net/Nuance-Architects

Please do not expose your email address in your post because it will be harvested by bots and you will get spam "for the rest of your life". I have removed your email from your posts. You guys can discuss in Private Messages how files can be transferred.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!