Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Multi Story settings

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello I'm working on a group project drawing an existing factory complex.
The complex consist of 4 buildings of very different story hights. as mentioned we are a group working on each our building and to make it easier to draw we've each made our own story settings. In the end we have to merge the drawing to one .pln but the but since the story settings are different everything changes.
Is there a way to merge the drawings together without manually changing all the elements hight references to ground zero?
I hope I've explained it well enough thanks
Kevin Jensen
ArchiCAD 14 EDU
vista 32
10 REPLIES 10
archislave
Enthusiast
You are right about the complexity but other fields seem to have progressed farther in their software. You hear of Catia and the software for Aerospace. I guess this is almost as complex as a building. I think our fees are so low that they know they could not recoup the expense of software development.

Or maybe it will just be a matter of thinking different about describing a building for construction and what it should entail with new 3d display methods. Think of cheap iPads on the construction site and the large screen in the construction trailer. By the way I hear Catia is creating Live Buildings software.
Archislave

archicad 16.0 US, iMac El Capitan