Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Multiple Glazing Types in one Window Object?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

We have been trying to model the attached Window in ArchiCAD using the AC9 Library Parts. The problems we have found are:

--Cannot seem to associate more than one Glass Type within an object. We can kind of do this with the Curtain Wall object but we can only create Top, Middle, Bottom materials. We don't want that kind of constraint. We need to be able to assign materials pane by pane.

--Cannot seem to assign which panes are operable.

We have come up with the following solutions:

--Use a 3rd-Party Tool like ArchiGlazing, ArchiDesigner, Door and Window Builder, etc. We have not been able to determine whether any of the tools will solve these issues.

--Create our own custom window in ArchiCAD. The knock here is that we are in design and want to change rhythm and/or materials on the fly and don't want to have to build a new object for each design idea.

--Create our own parametric object. We could probably learn how to do this but we don't really have the desire to do so. It must have been solved elsewhere. We can't be the only firm that wants to do this.

Any guidance in this quest would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris
8 REPLIES 8
LiHigh
Newcomer
I have an window/door object which I'm thinking of putting it on sale on Objectonline.
One can assign individual hole, window type, door type, & material to any pane or across multiple panes. It can also be use as corner window and fully editable with 2d/3d hotspots. These are just some of the long list of features.
Unfortunately, I haven't have time to compile a user manual.
If you need further info, please PM me.
Howard Phua

Win 10, Archicad 19 INT
LiHigh
Newcomer
more preview.......
neowindow_2.jpg
Howard Phua

Win 10, Archicad 19 INT
LiHigh
Newcomer
more preview......
Howard Phua

Win 10, Archicad 19 INT
LiHigh
Newcomer
more preview......
Howard Phua

Win 10, Archicad 19 INT
LiHigh
Newcomer
more preview......
Howard Phua

Win 10, Archicad 19 INT
LiHigh
Newcomer
more preview......
Howard Phua

Win 10, Archicad 19 INT
Anonymous
Not applicable
You might check out this link to create your own windows with easily editable materials.

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=5759&highlight=material+parameters
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks for your replies. i'll investigate both of these options.