Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Multiple sections - Independent and Independent with Marker

Anonymous
Not applicable
I believe our office has an issue with working method. When I go to the project map and look at the list of sections, it is riddled with independent and independent with marker type sections (which upon opening have no content and no links). We do not use this type of section, we use auto rebuild and drawings where applicable. Just wondering how they are generated so that we can avoid it in the future.
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Meggz wrote:
I believe our office has an issue with working method. When I go to the project map and look at the list of sections, it is riddled with independent and independent with marker type sections (which upon opening have no content and no links). We do not use this type of section, we use auto rebuild and drawings where applicable. Just wondering how they are generated so that we can avoid it in the future.

Hi Meggz,

As I know because if you want to create Independent Sections from the beginning (select Section Tool / chose Place Linked or Unlinked Marker on Info Box), this section won't be listed in Project Map. So, I think those Independent Sections are listed there because of 2 ways:

1-You created a live section, then select it and change it to Linked Section. So its status will change on Project Map as you said.
2-You probably created multiple sections for sketching or co-ordinating (maybe), then after work you delete them but chose the option "Keep as Independent"

HTH
CREATING INDEPENDENT SECTIONS.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Riiiiv,

I see what you're saying, although I do not think this is our case. As I've worked through the day, I've tested a few things, it seems that when you copy/paste a linked marker it creates an independent marker. But if you copy/paste a linked detail bubble, no independent detail is created...

The method of copy/pasting linked sections is useful, just don't like the leftover independant markers... makes the file cluttered, anyone know how to avoid this?