BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Mural on a wall

VASQN15
Contributor

Hello Everyone, 

I am currently on a conceptual building and it requires me to add a mural on a 4 story wall. Can you tell me if that is possible? I know I can photoshop it but I was wondering if I could do it directly with archicad. Thank you for you help!

6 REPLIES 6
Ricardo Heim
Booster

You can create it as a surface and then add a morph the size of the mural and make it have the texture

Lingwisyer
Guru

You may need to use the Align 3D Texture => 3D Origin function to correct it's position once you have asigned your custom texture.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
vistasp
Advisor

Clipboarder.2023.10.19-003.png

A simple solution is to use the Picture object without a frame. You can use any custom image that you have loaded in the library.

= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |

This is my first time using this message board and i just want to thank everyone who took their time to answers my question! i am currently trying to use all the options you all suggested. ill let you know which one worked with me.

Thank you again!

thank you for your help, but i couldn't add a texture to add on my ''morph tool'' generated wall.

You need to define a Surface and specify the desired Texture for it.

Then, you can select an individual Morph face using CTRL+SHIFT+click, and override its Surface with the Surface you defined.

Then, with the Morph face still selected, you can use the Document > Creative Imaging > Align 3D Texture > Set Origin menu command to specify the origin point of the Texture to move it to its desired location on the Morph face.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!