Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Navigator in A/C 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having a weird experience this morning. Every time i go into a story level to draw, my navigator disappears and I have to go into Window>Pallet>Navigator and turn it back on. Has any one had this problem and know a solution?
9 REPLIES 9
Thomas Holm
Booster
Right-click just below the Navigator's headline and turn off auto-hide.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks. I had already figured it out.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to get it to come back up without using the Window>Pallet>Navigator path? Like hovering over the windows taskbar to see it after you autohide it.

Doug
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you maximize your window, at the bottom left there is a navigator icon. Single click on it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
4thorns wrote:
Is there a way to get it to come back up without using the Window>Pallet>Navigator path? Like hovering over the windows taskbar to see it after you autohide it.
Hi Doug,

You can do this by clicking a small button located in the lower part of the screen, near the horizontal scroll bar (see attached image).

Cheers.

Adrian Tudoreanu
Anonymous
Not applicable
Like so:
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks guys. I've never seen the autohide function. I've got plenty of display at work but it might come in handy here at home.

Doug
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
You can also assign a keyboard shortcut to 'Show/Hide Navigator' in your Work Environment.

This will turn it on and off.

Cheers,
Link.
__archiben
Booster
Link wrote:
You can also assign a keyboard shortcut to 'Show/Hide Navigator' in your Work Environment.

This will turn it on and off.
yes - this is the way i work on a smaller screen. except that having 'auto-hide' switched on is probably the best method for hiding it again: once you invoke the navigator with a single-key shortcut the navigator's content becomes the 'active' input environment (the pale highlight around the navigator list well). trying to use a single-key shortcut at that point will only try and select the text within the navigator well and not invoke the 'hide' command . . .

i must admit, i haven't tried it with a modifier+key shortcut . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup