Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Navigator preview palette

R Muller
Enthusiast
I love the navigator preview. Since I typically work with two screens (my laptop and a large flat monitor), I leave the navigator preview window open on my small screen and use it for zooming, panning, and changing my 3d viewpoint.

The issue: sometimes the plan in the preview is too small to be useful. For example, I would love to be able to use it for precise navigation in an interior view of a portion of my model.

Is there any way to zoom the preview shown in the preview palette? Mine always shows the entire model. I have some large ground slabs to get the foreground/ background in 3D, and these make the building part of the preview window quite small. My workaround is to turn off the slabs, redraw the preview, and then turn the slabs back on.
R Muller
AC 26 USA (20+ years on ArchiCAD)
MBP 64GB Apple M1 Max OS 12.1 Monterey
2 REPLIES 2
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
AFAIK, the Navigator Preview will always show the extents of the elements on currently visible layers, after a redraw is performed.

It's a long standing wish to be able to zoom inside the Navigator Preview, but GS musn't see this as a priority.

Cheers,
Link.
Stress Co_
Advisor
Link wrote:
It's a long standing wish to be able to zoom inside the Navigator Preview, but GS musn't see this as a priority.
** VOTE **
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)