Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

No help needed

Anonymous
Not applicable
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dan you have a pm.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sent
gerd
Newcomer
hi Cole_Construction,

first i would recommend the way, djordje described: more fun (with the bottles) and less brain usage necessary 😉

another way (in my opinion the best) is to use plt files. I dont know, if the printer you mentioned, is able to plot plt files, but most profecional plotters are.
the plot files are created with plotmaker and then only be sent to the plotter (no driver program or plotmaker or cad program is necessary). to send it to the plotter you can use command line or (easier) plotflow or another simple tool like this.
the advantage of plot files is their small size and the full scale print out.

But if you want to use pdf, you can also get a full scale print out:
- make sure, that the size of paper is same size or bigger than the size used in the pdf
- in printing settings you can see the scale: if it is not 100%, but near, change the setting "fit to papersize" to "no scaling" (or how it is called...)

best regards, gerd
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry about the dumb question
Anonymous
Not applicable
Cole_Construction wrote:
I must be stupid guys, because I still cant get the setting to work. It will print everything onto a legal size paper but it is tiny.
Cole,
Don't know if it will help but here's a screen shot of how I have all my print settings.

Dan K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Guys-

sounds like Cole is plotting to a printer instead of printing. Is he using PlotMaker or Archicad? if Archicad, sounds like he is printing the entire doc, not the screen view (to a scale) which would result in a tiny image, especially if there are artifacts floating beyond the "title block".
Anonymous
Not applicable
Looking for info.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Cole-

wasn't meaning to be funny-- I understand your frustrations. My setting in PlotMaker, for a D sized sheet, are, in "Option" in print dialogue, 50% and "use matging of device". Don't set the "page steup" option to 50%-- do that in the PlotMaker Options.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I want to thank everyone for holding my hand.

I am sure I will have more questions.