Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Objects (railings, etc.) not obscuring fills

Anonymous
Not applicable
For some reason I cannot get an object to appear to be in front of a fill. I thought that I used to be able to do this.
Is there a way that I can get an object to obscure a fill that is set to the rear of the display order?
Thank you,
John
4 REPLIES 4
Djordje
Ace
johncassel wrote:
For some reason I cannot get an object to appear to be in front of a fill. I thought that I used to be able to do this.
Is there a way that I can get an object to obscure a fill that is set to the rear of the display order?
Thank you,
John
Check your Display options and the fill of the objects.

If you have the object LINES in front of the fills, that means that the display order is OK, but that the object fill is empty OR that the Display option makes it empty.

HTH,
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
Check your Display options and the fill of the objects.

If you have the object LINES in front of the fills, that means that the display order is OK, but that the object fill is empty OR that the Display option makes it empty.

HTH,
Djordge,
The object's fills are set to Solid Fill. I've even tried a variety of colors.
Currently, I have Cut Fills, Drafting Fills and Cover Fills set to Vectorial Hatching.
Is there another display option that could make the fills empty?
Thank you,
John
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
John,
Are you sure that you don't have pen 0 ø, which is transparent, assigned as your background pen colour ?

Cheers.
Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ben wrote:
John,
Are you sure that you don't have pen 0 ø, which is transparent, assigned as your background pen colour ?

Cheers.
Ben
Ben,
I checked pen setting for the fill and the object. None of them are set to 0 ø.
Thanks,
John