Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Opacity levels with fills

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just a quick question for you guys that Im trying to solve.

Is it possible to change the opacity of the 'polygon fill/hatch' tool when shading floor plans and sections etc ?

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
DCJP wrote:
Is it possible to change the opacity of the 'polygon fill/hatch' tool when shading floor plans and sections etc ?
Yes...but not via an opacity setting as in a page layout program. Instead, use a clear background and different pen widths for the linework of the fill.

For example, instead of one white pen, I have a set of white pens of increasing weights (ditto other pens - as is done by many others here). I use the 25% fill with white dots to mask stuff...using fatter and fatter pens to increase the amount of mask ... so thin pens are pretty transparent, thicker get pretty opaque. Same thing can be done with any color of course...and with variations of the 25% (or other) fills to give different densities.

HTH,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
ABRHAM FANTU
Newcomer

There should be an opacity level setting for each fill templates.AC should work on graphics override settings. 

The 'Empty' and 'Solid' fills can be duplicated and any opacity set for them.

They must be placed with a transparent background pen.

BarryKelly_0-1651833106285.png

If you want an actual hatch as well, unfortunately you have to overlay a second hatch (vectorial or symbolic) fill also with a transparent background.

BarryKelly_1-1651833361227.png

The original post was from 18 years ago.

I don't think we had the opacity fill option back then back then.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11