BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Open AC 26 file in AC 20

KP1
Newcomer

Hi, I worked on a solo project using the trial version of Archicad 26. Can I work on the same file on a computer that has an educational licence with Archicad 20 (it's an old Macbook 10.11 El Capitan so I can't install a newer version on it)? When I try, it doesn't seem to be able to open the pln. file. I can't seem to do a SaveAs to any older versions either.

Should this be an issue or can anyone advise?

2 REPLIES 2
JeffH
Enthusiast

In Archicad 26 You have to backsave it to Archicad 25, Then open that new save file up in AC25, and backsave that file to 24...etc, You have to do each version in Order All the way back until AC20 (AC26->AC25->AC24->AC23->AC22->AC21->AC20).

Be mindful that any new improved tools will not come through in previous versions (Casework was changed in AC25 for example.

AC24 / AC26
Win10
Lingwisyer
Guru

I believe projects made in a Trial can only be used if you purchase the full version of the Trial you were using. There is also the fact that your AC20 EDU licence is no longer valid so you would not be able to use it anyway. Do remember that once you work on a project in a EDU it will be watermarked as EDU.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Learn and get certified!