Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

PBC Bug?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Edit Leaving this up just in case anyone else does the same dumb thing I did. ---
Found it. Walls were drawn on the ArchiCAD Layer which was changing priorities in the different layer sets.
Setting walls to a proper (non-master) layer did the trick.

Head smack.
Found an odd issue and I losing my mind trying to track down the cause.

We have a template which has a series of clones laid out for each step of the project. As-Built, SD, DD, CD, etc.

When a wall is drawn in an as-built view (meaning the Reno Filter is set to existing only) and a slab is drawn in that same view the PBC doesn't work.

See attached image.

I know what you're saying, "the reno settings are affecting it, perhaps it's the project prefs., bdlg materials. Nope, all are set correctly, in fact if I jump to a section the walls show correct PBC and if I enter 3D from that view (via F5) the PBC is correct in 3D as well regardless of which reno filter I apply.

But jump back to plan and then return to 3D (via F5) and the model loses PBC. PBC will ONLY show correctly if I jump from section view to 3D.

This is an issue that seems to have cropped up after last week's hotfix (6004)

Any ideas? What am I missing? I'm losing hair here
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
can't add two images for some reason.

here's the same wall floor connection when I jump to 3D from section view.
Screen Shot 2014-05-08 at 2.28.07 PM.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Found it. Walls were drawn on the ArchiCAD Layer which was changing priorities in the different layer sets.
Setting walls to a proper (non-master) layer did the trick.

Head smack.
What is PBC ?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Eduardo Rolon
P_riority B_ased C_onnections
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator