Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Pen colours and thickness

Anonymous
Not applicable
As a former user of Autocad, I am not able to understand the color and thickness set of the table of archicad. I went to the on line manuals but even though I am not able to understand the table. Please could anyone clarify it for me.
1 REPLY 1
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Which version / template are you on? INT or one of the many localised versions?

NL template uses a penset that is very different from the INT pen set, as far as I know.

Pen 1-10, 21-30, 41-50, 61-70, 81-90 are all the same series of weights but black, grey, red, green and blue. They go up from 0,13 to 2,5 or 3 mm I believe, but our office uses pen 10 for 0,09 mm.

91-100 is a grey scale (white to near black).

101-110 are black pens with different weights for cut fill foreground pens.

Pen 19 is white (to work with some international objects I believe) and everything else is shades of colour.

I think some of other version templates have a lot more black pens to use for different elements (like wall pens, roof pens or some such or MEP pens). I don't really understand this when you have layers to work with.

I wouldn't mess with what is in your version's template too much, as library parts rely on hardcoded pen numbers out of the box. You would have to extract the library LCF, change all the default settings for hundreds of objects and repack the library, just to change pen number X to pen number Y to be your default outline pen with certain thickness.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5