Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Plotmaker and Layouts

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone I am new in this forum and i want to ask something about PM 9
I also used PM for the first time so maybe i sound silly!
When a make a new layout book the master layout are not empty but they have the previous drawings.
Only if a choose "New and Default Settings" the masters are empty.
Thanx
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
You are right. When you create a new Layout Book using the latest settings, it will include whatever master layouts were set up in the previous file. This is very helpful once you have office standards set up since all your standard masters will be there when you open a new file. Do you have a problem with this?
Anonymous
Not applicable
First thank you for your reply.
My problem is that the master layouts are not blank and i have to erase the previous drawing from the master and import the new ones
I want to keep the pens and all the settings but when i make a new book i want it to be blank of drawings.
Anonymous
Not applicable
miker wrote:
First thank you for your reply.
My problem is that the master layouts are not blank and i have to erase the previous drawing from the master and import the new ones
I want to keep the pens and all the settings but when i make a new book i want it to be blank of drawings.
I would suggest creating a master layout book that has all of the settings the way that you want, and then creating a copy of this book. We keep a complete job folder with all of our template files on the server, and then just create a duplicate of this job folder and rename for each job.
Anonymous
Not applicable
miker wrote:
The master layouts should only have elements that are common to various sheet layouts that they are masters of, such as title blocks, grids, etc.

The drawings should be placed on individual layouts not masters.

By using auto-text in the title blocks it is even possible to have masters that require no editing for a new project. Just change the relevant entries in the Book Info.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Now i understand my mistake.
When you import a *.pmk file ,you should import it in a layout and NOT in a master layout.
A layout can have only one master, but a master can be master for many layouts, correct?

Thank you very much!!
TomWaltz
Participant
miker wrote:
Now i understand my mistake.
When you import a *.pmk file ,you should import it in a layout and NOT in a master layout.
A layout can have only one master, but a master can be master for many layouts, correct?

Thank you very much!!
You can have as many masters as you want, for example one for 11x17, one for Arch D, one for presentation drawings, etc.

Usually each master is used as a title block underlay, and contains fields that auto-fill themselves such as drawing name and drawing number.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
miker wrote:
Exactly!