BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Priority based connections wall + slanted wall

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
I am having trouble utilizing connection between two walls. As you can see in the picture I managed to create connection between two walls if there are connected via reference line. However, when I need it to intersect with the wall parallel to its reference line, there seems to be no interaction whatsoever. They are both on the same layer. Any ideas? I was thinking of using roof for the slanted wall, however than the floor plan display would not be correct since wall won't be shown correctly.
Regards,
P.
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
The reference lines must touch (in plan) for the walls to trim each other automatically.
Otherwise you will have to rely on Solid Element Operations with the walls themselves and/or other elements that can be hidden from view (and manually fix up the plan because SEO does not show in plan) .

Or possibly convert the wall to a morph - but then it will no longer behave like a wall.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Barry Kelly
I just had a thought.
Because they are parallel, you may have some luck with Edit > Reshape > Merge Walls.
This will create a complex profile of the walls which you can then edit the profile further.
It will create a "Custom" profile which you should open and save with an appropriate name.
Then swap the "Custom" profile walls with the named profile.

At least this way they will remain as a wall and will still interact with other walls (if the reference lines touch).

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry, good thinking. This will work. I also found method to adjust the height of the slanted wall up to the point of touching, and than add roof with the same composite for the top part of the wall, which would than correctly interact with the other wall.
Learn and get certified!