BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Problem in Curtain Wall Tool

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am facing a problem while using Curtain Wall Tool, I am trying to delete the Corner Frame in Curtain Wall (See Image).. I tried this in 3D Editing but it doesnot allow me to do so.. Please Suggest any Solution!
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
AFAIK it is not possible to delete the perimeter frames of a curtain wall. The best you can do is make them very small.
Anonymous
Not applicable
You'll have to play around with it but you can cut the curtain wall with the trim-to-roof tool. I've only done it a couple of times but it's how I got rid of the outer frame members on curtain walls.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
hemanayal:

I was able to get close by doing two things:
1. In the 3D Window, select the corner frame and change from Generic to Invisible, this will eliminate the frame in 2D and 3D.
2. Select the Panels and change from Generic to CW Corner Panel. Then change this to One Butted Edge and play with the settings until the panels overlap at the corner.

You should modify your Signature of your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks David.. this will help me!:)
Anonymous
Not applicable
One More Query:

I am trying to create Custom Junction Object, but the problem is with placement. The Whole Juction is coming on One Panel while I need it to be as connector for Panel Grid (please see image)
Learn and get certified!