Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Problem with xref file displayed in traced mode Archicad 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello. I'll try to explain the problem I've encountered while working in Archicad 19:

So the red circle is where my project is, and the yellow circle is where an xref (dwg) drawing is in traced mode (see printscreen). As i try to drag the traced drawing underneath my project, the 'drag reference' tool activates, becomes very laggy and it wont deactivate, suddenly program freezes, and the only way out is to close Archicad using task manager. The same happens if i try to measure the distance between two objects with Measure tool. But it happens only when the view is zoomed out so i can see both my project ant reference file, this doesnt happen on lower scale zoom, but that would take loads of time to drag the file where i want it to be.

I have been working with archicad since Archicad 10.0, and never experienced this before. Thank you
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry, some how i cannot manage to attach the image. So the distance between the two is something like 129660000000 milimetres
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
This may be because that XREF is so far.
You may try different things:
1. Go to the Viewpoint where the XREF is placed and move the XREF (instead of using the Drag Reference command of the Trace Reference Palette). Then the XREF will be in its correct position and you will not have to use the Drag Reference command.
2. Delete the XREF, then place it again, this time graphically so it will be placed where you click, and not somewhere out in the stratosphere.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27