Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Profile Manager Troubles

toman311
Enthusiast
So, when I am working the the profile manager drawing a new complex profile I cannot select the profile which I just drew. The only way I can select it is if I hit the override button. The problem is I lose all of the custom properties I applied to the profile. Then, if I deselect the profile, I have to hit the Override button to select it again. The only way that I have figured out thus far on how to select the profile after I have deselected it and for the profile to function like it usually does in the profile manager is to change an edge to some custom line thickness. Then, after I deselect that profile, I can click on it again like normal. I don't know why the profile manager is acting this way?!

Any ideas?

Oh yea, and another problem is that right after I finish drawing the profile, it disappears. The only way to get it to appear is to hit the Override button. Once I do that, the profile stays appeared, but I cannot select it as stated above.
>ArchiCAD 23, 7000 USA FULL

>iMac, 27-inch, 2020, Processor: 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7, Memory: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Did you make sure the quick selection in the arrow tool is on?
Try holding down the space bar to see if you can select it.
If this is not the case then, you'll need to wait the answer from an expert here.
toman311
Enthusiast
I did try that, but it doesn't work.
>ArchiCAD 23, 7000 USA FULL

>iMac, 27-inch, 2020, Processor: 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7, Memory: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB