Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Profile intersections not included in IFC

espegelan
Contributor

I'm having trouble exporting complex profiles from AC to IFC. While the profiles themselves are exported correctly, the intersections are simply left out. Does anyone have a solution to the problem?

I'm including screenshots of the same corners, both from AC and an IFC viewer.

Intersection AC.pngIntersection IFC.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Xandros
Expert

Hi

you might want to check your ifc export settings. Look out for the geometry conversion options. BREP is the geometrical more precise option, which might resolve your issue.

For further information check out this helppage and read into the difference between BREP and Parametric (Extruded / Revolved)

ArchiCAD 26 GER / Win10
Intel i9-9900K / 64GB RAM / nVidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
Xandros
Expert

Hi

you might want to check your ifc export settings. Look out for the geometry conversion options. BREP is the geometrical more precise option, which might resolve your issue.

For further information check out this helppage and read into the difference between BREP and Parametric (Extruded / Revolved)

ArchiCAD 26 GER / Win10

Hi,

Thank you for pointing me to the right manual.

Do you know if setting "elements with junctions" affects regular geometry like walls that intersect, or just special geometry like complex profiles with intersections?

From my understanding it affects all priority-based intersections, not just complex profiles.

Xandros_0-1692705721277.png

And here a definition of priority-based intersections:

Xandros_1-1692705876508.png

and the in-depth of possible intersections

ArchiCAD 26 GER / Win10

Yes, the model I'm working on is used for material calculations, collision tests, etc., as well as a 3D model for the construction site. So it needs to have the correct numbers as well as look presentable and accurate.

I'm going to test exporting junctions as BREP to get the visual representation right and see if it has any negative effects otherwise.

Thank you for your feedback!